Why pubs should stock a great range of soft drinks........
I make lovely soft drinks here at Breckland Orchard, I’m immersed in the world of non-alcoholic drinks, I love non-alcoholic drinks and I know what a GREAT range of soft drinks looks like. And yet the range in pubs is often truly poor……….yeak! And what’s worse everyone seems to follow one another……..almost making it acceptable to not look after non-drinkers in your pub.
5 Reasons every pub should have a great range of Soft Drinks?
- Stocking a good selection of drinks will naturally appeal to the changing customer needs such as a reduction in lunchtime drinking, health and wellbeing.
- There is currently a disconnect between consumers who feel that the choice of soft drinks is lacking, and the soft drink range stocked by out-of-home outlets. Consumers are bored with being offered run-of-the-mill drinks when they are not drinking. There is a great deal of potential growth for outlets that can offer an appealing range.
- For gastropubs having a great range of soft drinks is a must as it will attract family customers……..no one wants to bring their children, grandparents etc to a gastropub and then be left with a bland and uninspiring range of soft drinks. Look after them at the bar and let the chef look after them foodwise – perfect partnership!
- Having a good offering of soft drinks will attract more female consumers, and more affluent consumers. These segments are heavy consumers of soft drinks – and well worth keeping as customers!
- Evidence that more people would drink soft drinks and pay more for them if there were a stronger proposition [Mintel Research 2010]
Independents are best placed to take advantage of the soft drinks opportunity – by being able to offer a diverse and interesting selection of drinks through not being in a tied relationship.
Go on……..delight your customers with a stunning range of soft drinks….after all what’s the worst that can happen?