Why we're huge fans of glass.....
Blue Planet on BBC certainly set off an out-pouring of debate around the use of plastics – and that can only be a good thing.
It’s incredible how many restaurants are now planning to ban [or already have banned] the use of single use plastic straws. Given that the alternatives are much more environmentally friendly, and not excessively more expensive its a great move [and we are HUGE fans of paperstraws as our Instagram clearly shows!].
We also choose to use glass bottles for our drinks in preference to plastic…..mainly for these reasons
- Glass can be recycled again and again…..it’s what called a closed loop, and you can recycle many times without any loss of quality or performance
- Recycled glass bottles get used again in new glass bottles! Each one of our bottles contains between 55-60% recycled content on average.
- Glass recycling is predominantly done in the UK….it doesn’t get shipped to China to be recycled.
- It’s a really safe and effective method of packaging our drinks…..it means that they reach our customers in the A1 perfect conditions that we made them in.
- Glass is well…just more class…….we call our drinks Posh Pop, and we like to think that the packaging adds to the quality of the drinks inside.
- To do our small bit towards to environment…..unlike other pack formats it doesn’t adversely affect marine life, nor pollute oceans and coast lines….and that matters.