5 ways to cut down on alcohol during Lockdown
When everyday feels the same many people are finding it too tempting to crack open the wine at the end of the day to give some sense of normality . Indeed research shows that sales of alcohol have rocketed and 20% of Britains say that they are drinking more as a result of lockdown.
So some top tips on how to reduce your alcohol consumption during lockdown:
- HAVE SOME ALCOHOL FREE DAYS ..lots of people are choosing to go ‘Covid Dry’ and not drink at all during lockdown. Up to 30% of the UK population is using lockdown to not drink at all. You can always choose some days to not drink during the week!
- THINK OF HOW YOU’LL FEEL …its a fact that alcohol is calorie rich, so you will feel clearer, leaner and better for cutting down!
- PLAN SOME ALTERNATIVES …fill your fridge with non-alcoholic alternatives. Splash out on some delicious snacks and treats….alcohol free doesn’t mean that you can’t mark the end of the working day with a bit of a treat.
- KEEP USING YOUR GLASSWARE ..non-alcoholic drinsk should still be served in lovely glasses, not those boring hi-balls. Drink your lemonade from champagne flutes – heck why not!
- EXPERIMENT WITH SOME CREATIVITY…muddle some non-alcoholic cocktails, use some garnishes [fruit, herbs, grapefruit rind etc] and make some fabulous ice cubes with fruit/herbs. If your non-alcoholic tipple looks interesting and beautiful it will bring a smile to your face.
Biggest tip though – it to stay safe and stay calm. This will pass…………..